[meteorite-list] Meteorite Collecting Ban

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:31 2004

Hello all

A curiosity, how much ask now the Moroccans for
ordinary material? I received email with offers from
Moroccans that want from the $2 to the $16/gr. for
ordinary material. ....begin a few to exaggerate with
the requests, a time if satisfied with $0.10-20/gr.
If you want answer in private...
Regards

Matteo

--- Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Dear Sergey and List,
>
> I feel the performance increase in rare finds from
> the desert is
> attributable to free enterprise and education.
> Moroccans and nomads know
> they will get more for an achondrite than a normal
> chondrite. They have
> learned that meteorites do not need to be magnetic
> and are now searching for
> anything out of place. We receive dozens of
> non-magnetic samples every
> month, about 10% being meteorites. Lots of fresh
> material is starting to
> show up because they know they will receive more
> money for it. We have been
> receiving more W0s and W1s than ever before. Three
> different mesosiderites
> have shown up in less than a year! The only thing
> that doesn't show up in
> greater numbers are irons. I believe there are now
> over 7,000 nomads,
> basically an army, keeping an eye out for
> meteorites. This has everything
> to do with the amount of material coming out of the
> Sahara.
>
> All the best,
>
> Adam

=== message truncated ===

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com