[meteorite-list] Meteorite Collecting Ban

From: Mark Ferguson <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:31 2004

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01C35DF9.7802DFC0

Hi Steve and List

Steve thats so true. But, by the same token, those who introduce or =
lobby for bans on fossil or meteorite are sometimes those most ignorant =
of the items themselves and are glory seekers.
Just ask Mel Fisher's family what credentials the museum curator had who =
took Fisher to court forcing Florida to back him in saying the treasures =
Fisher found belonged to Florida. Or, how much of a world class =
paleontologist is the museum curator who started the T. Rex Sue lawsuit. =
They were both out for the kudos, since they couldn't and wouldn't =
profit personally from their actions, or would they?
Ask a world class expert in either field how much they depend on the =
amateur collectors for new finds. Doesn't matter if that amateur is a =
dealer or not. Only that they bring new material to the attention of the =
scientists.

Mark

----- Original Message -----=20