[meteorite-list] NWA 801

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:32 2004

Not sure why this Subject keeps reoccurring on the
List. Also, not sure why we are troubling Jeff about
meteorites that haven't been submitted to his
Committee
... it's simple...
go to this web page to see if it has been approved:

http://meteoriticalsociety.org/bulletin/master-index-2003.pdf

And if it doesn't appear on that web page, then go to
this web page:

http://meteoriticalsociety.org/bulletin/prov-names.html

If it doesn't appear here, then it hasn't been
assigned a number below NWA 1691. If it was assigned
a number that is higher than NWA 1691, then it is
probably still waiting to be included in the next
update of this web page.

Questions regarding unclassified NWAs should be
directed to the person that requested the NWA number.
The "prov-names" web page (only) lists the people that
requested the NWA number.
No "classifier" will automatically submit
classifications to the NomComm without first
contacting the person that submitted the NWA specimen
(usually the person that requested the NWA number).
***Typically, the person that requested the NWA number
from the NomCom, will be the same person that reports
the classification to the NomComm. ***
The NomComm will contact the "classifier", not so much
to confirm the classification, but to confirm HOW MUCH
type specimen was secured.

I'm convinced that this simple procedure is more
widely understood than many of the people who feign
misunderstanding the process would lead you to
believe. Lord, I do hope so!
Bob V.

meteorite-list] NWA 801 / Begaa
Sharkkb8_at_aol.com Sharkkb8@aol.com