[meteorite-list] archives-name vs email address

From: Popocatept_at_aol.com <Popocatept_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:36 2004

I prefer to read the meteorite list from the archives. It is easier to
follow interesting threads, and ignore uninteresting ones. (for me anyway)

http://one.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2003-August/date.html

My question is: Why do some members names show up next to their post's and
others are identified by their email address? Mine show up with my email
address instead of my name.

Although eventually one can get to recognize people by their email addresses,
it is much more convenient to see the name. I've noticed this on other lists
I'm a member of, but never asked why before.

Mike Fowler
Chicago