[meteorite-list] Virus Warning to Meteorite List

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Hi Everyone-
   The only email I have coming into this Yahoo email
address is that of the meteorite list. Kind of nice
since it is dedicated to meteorites and nothing else-
until today.
   24 messages so far were isolated into the "Bulk"
spam box- all with the Sobig F virus attached. Look to
be about 98-102K big. Some of the message "from"
addresses had a reference to this meteorite list.
Thats the scary part.
   So everyone be careful, don't open attachments and
keep your virus scan up to date.
   Have a good night and take care. Sorry off topic, I
don't mean to be an alarmist- but I have never seen it
like this.

Mike