[meteorite-list] world greatest nantan?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Hi Tom & all,
        Actually, that is NOT an oriented Nantan, but is, instead, one of
the exceptional octahedranal NanTans that manifest such Xl forms.
They are exceptional and, in my opinion, worth every penny being
asked and more.
        I wrote an article on these for Voyage a few years back. I have a
very nice personal collection, but do not "carry" them for sale because
of just such attitudes, though I did sell some in a special sale some
time back.
        I have also seen NanTans with exceptional triolite nodules
sticking out the sides which are also spectacular. The actahedranal
and triolite manifestations are some of the most striking irons I
have ever seen and I do not know what their relationship is to the
the rust balls we generally think of as NanTans, but they are a whole
other ball game.
        Best wishes, Michael

on 8/29/03 5:49 PM, Tom aka James Knudson at knudson911_at_frontiernet.net
wrote:

> Hello List, This has to be the nicest nantan in history! Can you imagine
> after all the rust fell off it was oriented!!! And just a little over a
> dollar a gram!
> I have a 144g nantan on ebay ending in 18 hours and it has no bids yet and
> it started at 99 cents. Where anyone gets off trying to sell nantan at $1 a
> gram is beyond me!
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2189874359
>
> Thanks, Tom
> Peregrineflier <><
> The proudest member of the IMCA 6168

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
    Philip K. Dick
--
SUPPORT OUR TROUPS:
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html