[meteorite-list] Ebay fakes

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:38 2004

Hello List, I do not know if everyone is aware of the fact that the IMCA has
a polite letter they send to the meteorwrong sellers. You can just send Ken
at magellon_at_earthlink.net the info and he will take care of the rest. We no
longer have to send the sellers death threats and the like!
  I personally do not like these sellers selling fakes, because the first
time buyer that just bought a fake for $30 could have bought a real one from
a real dealer, they are cutting back on our sales! Then the first time buyer
finds out 6 months latter that its a fake and never trusts ebay again,
cutting into our sales even more. It just hurts us all the way around
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168