[meteorite-list] yet more ebay junk

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:38 2004

--part1_1ed.f02cb35.2c8297db_boundary

In a message dated 8/30/2003 3:33:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
deanbessey_at_yahoo.com writes:

> What would be nice and probably helpful is if somebody
> built a nice informational website telling people how
> to identify meteorites, what they should look for in a
> first meteorite buy, and then host it on geocities or
> some free server without mentioning any dealer (So as
> not to break any ebay rules) so that dealers can link
> their ebay auctions to it. That should get many new
> collectors off on the right start.

W're working ot it!!!!!!!
I wrote what could be the skeleton of that site. Now it needs to be fleshed
out, but believe it or not it is time-consuming. There is a Show here in about
10 days. And I do have a day-job!!!!
Anyone wants to help? just let me know.

And another thing:
As Proud Tom just wrote, yes, there is a nice polite way to address those
sellers of meteorwrongs, and it is very easy: when you spot one on Ebay, tell
Ken (Magellon)
and he will advise or offer help in a very diplomatic and private way. And he
is the ONLY ONE allowed to do it in the name of the IMCA. So please no more
harassement. Or if you really want to harrass, do it in your own name, do not
drag anybody else in, least of all the IMCA. PLEASE!!!!!

Any questions?

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
IMCA #2356

--part1_1ed.f02cb35.2c8297db_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 8/30/2=