[meteorite-list] park forest 5 months later

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:38 2004

Well you could not ask for a better day to go meteorite hunting.It was 70
degrees partly sunny, and nice.Oh well on such a nice day we did not find
a stinking meteorite.I really believe that the town of park forest is
pretty much dryed up as far as meteorites go.The real untapped places are
olympia fields and the surrounding forests.I went hunting today with mike
fowler and bill kies and his wife.Bill brought some really nice pf
specimens he bought from some of the locals in steger.Mike also brought a
76 gram half individual.They were absolutly breathtaking.We went hunting
if PF,olympia fields,autumn ridge apts.,some of the forest in steger,some
of the parking lots on US 30..8 hours of hunting.And not a damn
thing.Ireally believe that there is alot left somewhere, but the
strewnfield is drying up.Last night I got news that they found new pieces
of DOS CABEZAS in arizona.That kind of made my night.If they could find
new pieces of that I can find more PF.Oh well, we all had a good time.Nice
to meet new people.Until next time.Have a great holiday all.

                                             steve arnold,chicago

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728