[meteorite-list] NWA 1139???

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:43 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C36FFE.B95F1B20

Hello Tom and list,

Just came in from the family reunion and see this post so I figure I woul=
d answer it.

NWA1139 is mine, or was mine if the auction ended. It is uncut and has b=
een only submitted for a number by me. I list about 250-300 auctions on =
eBay a week, sometimes more. Because of this I use a like description fo=
r every auction and change out what needs to be changed. I am sure this =
is how other people do it to. Since it is uncut I can not see the matrix=
 and therefore did make an error. The high bidder asked me in my chat si=
te about it and I told him it was uncut. If you are wanting to talk abou=
t the term "main mass", I think you can find that information in our arch=
ives. I am kind of on the fence on that subject. The numbering of meteo=
rites has worked well for inventory purpose in other regions then Africa.=
  The problem of Africa meteorites is more the large numbers that has bee=
n found. Why this is a problem is beyond me.

You can see in the Meteoritical Archives here that the number was given t=
o me for an individual.

http://www.meteoriticalsociety.org/bulletin/prov-names.html

However, I am kind of surprized you e-mailed the list and asked about it.=
  You have e-mailed me 60-80 times or more about other things.

Will talk more about others things tonight. If anyone has any question a=
bout this meteorite, feel free to e-mail.

Mark Bostick
www.MeteoriteArticles.com