[meteorite-list] Odd Rock - Is it...??

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:39 2004

--part1_15e.28be4ee6.2d017a79_boundary

Dear list, this is a first time posting, so please be patient with me as I=20
still need to get the hang of recognizing the physical properties of meteori=
tes=20
that don't have fresh baked crusts or bright olivine and chondrules.

<A HREF=3D"http://www.geocities.com/sstelenes/rocks.html">http://www.geociti=
es.com/sstelenes/rocks.html</A>

The above link is a page with three photos and a description of an odd=20
"stone" from Mexico.=A0 I don't think it is a meteorite.=A0 (I have found so=
me others I=20
suspect to be, though.)=A0 This particular one was given to me and the giver=
=20
(finder) insisted it was a meteorite.=A0 I don't think so, but it is certain=
ly odd,=20
does anyone know what it could be, with all these odd gunmetal gray square=20
shapes?

Thanks.
Doug Dawn
Mexico

--part1_15e.28be4ee6.2d017a79_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dear list, this is a first time posting, so please be=20=
patient with me as I still need to get the hang of recognizing the physical=20=
properties of meteorites that don't have fresh baked crusts or bright olivin=
e and chondrules.<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.geocities.com/sstelenes/rocks.html">http://www.geociti=
es.com/sstelenes/rocks.html</A><BR>
<BR>
The above link is a page with three photos and a description of an odd "ston=
e" from Mexico.=A0 I don't think it is a meteorite.=A0 (I have found some ot=
hers I suspect to be, though.)=A0 This particular one was given to me and th=
e giver (finder) insisted it was a meteorite.=A0 I don't think so, but it is=
 certainly odd, does anyone know what it could be, with all these odd gunmet=
al gray square shapes?<BR>
<BR>
Thanks.<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_15e.28be4ee6.2d017a79_boundary--