[meteorite-list] A Blast From Heaven?

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:40 2004

-------------------------------1070810037

In a message dated 12/4/2003 8:57:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>>At one place, Jervis
Bay, waves apparently surmounted a headland 420 feet high. "Only a
bolide could do this," says Bryant, using a technical term for a
sky-bursting cosmic missile.<<
Well...I've read sometime in the past that land slumping off various islands
can do this as well. Such a place that has done it in the past are the
hawaiian islands. There's a big crack in one of the islands now, that is apparently
doing a slow move towards a massive land slide into the ocean. Some of these
slides occur totally underwater. From what I've read, there's been quite a few
of these to have occurred thru out history.
George Zay

-------------------------------1070810037

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>In a message dated 12/4/2003 8:57:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, baalke_at_z=
agami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>&gt;&gt;At one place, Jervis <BR>Bay, waves ap=
parently surmounted a headland 420 feet high. "Only a <BR>bolide could do th=
is," says Bryant, using a technical term for a <BR>sky-bursting cosmic missi=
le.&lt;&lt;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>Well...I've read sometime in the past that land slumping off various is=
lands can do this as well. Such a place that has done it in the past are the=
 hawaiian islands. There's a big crack in one of the islands now, that is ap=
parently doing a slow move towards a massive land slide into the ocean. Some=
 of these slides occur totally underwater. From what I've read, there's been=
 quite a few of these to have occurred thru out history.</DIV>
<DIV>George Zay</DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>