[meteorite-list] Classic meteorites - my Top 10

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:42 2004

Okay, here's my personal stab at a meteorite top ten:
1. The Tucson Ring. It just doesn't get better than this, and a neat
shape, too!
2. Esquel. Still the most beautiful pallasite, IMHO.
3. Ensisheim. Arguably the first documented meteorite fall (in the West,
at any rate.)
4. Allende. Carbonaceous chondrites available to all for the first time
ever.
5. Zagami. Best known Mars meteorite, thanks to Bob Haag.
6. Any NWA/Saharan/hot desert find. This category made rare types
available to all collectors.
7. Sikhote-Alin. Iron, readily available, and witnessed.
8. Richfield. Big slices look just like a lunar landscape. Look at all
those chondrules!
9. Canyon Diablo. Despite all the controversy about collecting there,
should be represented in everyone's collection, if only for Meteor Crater.
10. Honolulu, a personal favorite (go figure.)

Subject to amendment if I ever find one myself, which will then get kicked
to the top of the list ;-)

Tracy Latimer