[meteorite-list] Re: Petrographic Microscope article/book

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:43 2004

-------------------------------1071006796

Hi List
I just received my Nov.-Dec. issue of the Mineralogical Record. Surprisingly
it had a supplement included titled "The Petrographic Microscope Evolution of
a Mineralogical Research Instrument" by Daniel E. Kile. Anytime the
Mineralogical Record produces anything they do it masterfully. This article is no
exception. It is full of color photos (108 figures), 98 pages and no outside
advertisers. Sections include:
Characteristics of the petrographic microscope(pm)
Properties observable with the pm
Historical development of the pm
Manufacturers of the pm
Accessories for the pm
others
References 11 pages
This completely covers the subject matter better than any other publication I
have ran across. It even includes a photo of a barred olivine crystal from
Saratov.
They are selling it for only $20 plus $2 s & h in the US. They will ship to
outside the US just ask for a rate. If you are interested just send me an email
and I will get the info for purchasing the book. No, I don't sell it and I
don't make anything from sales of the article.

Mike

Mike Jensen
Bill Jensen
Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL
Aurora, CO 80017-3137
303-337-4361
Web Site: Jensen Meteorites

-------------------------------1071006796

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type charset=3DUTF-8 content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Hi List</DIV>
<DIV>I just received my Nov.-Dec. issue of the Mineralogical Record. Surpris=
ingly it had a supplement included titled "The Petrographic Microscope Evolu=
tion of a Mineralogical Research Instrument" by Daniel E. Kile. Anytime the=20=
Mineralogical Record produces anything they do it masterfully. This article=20=
is no exception. It is full of color photos (108 figures), 98 pages and no o=
utside advertisers. Sections include:</DIV>
<DIV>Characteristics of the petrographic microscope(pm)</DIV>
<DIV>Properties observable with the pm</DIV>
<DIV>Historical development of the pm</DIV>
<DIV>Manufacturers of the pm</DIV>
<DIV>Accessories for the pm</DIV>
<DIV>others</DIV>
<DIV>References 11 pages</DIV>
<DIV>This completely covers the subject matter better than any other publica=
tion I have ran across. It even includes a photo of a barred olivine crystal=
 from Saratov.</DIV>
<DIV>They are selling it for only $20 plus $2 s &amp; h in the US. They will=
 ship to outside the US just ask for a rate. If you are interested just send=
 me an email and I will get the info for purchasing the book. No, I don't se=
ll it and I don't make anything from sales of the article.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10">Mike Jensen<BR>Bill Jensen<BR>Jensen Meteo=
rites<BR>16730 E Ada PL<BR>Aurora, CO 80017-3137<BR>303-337-4361<BR>Web Site=
: <A href=3D"http://jensenmeteorites.com/">Jensen Meteorites</A> </FONT></DI=