[meteorite-list] Holy Styrofoam melting meteor rite/wrong

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:44 2004

Dear List;
Here is a tid bit of news. I just got off the phone with Mr. Sean
Ash of WISH-TV (Indiana, USA) and the purported construction site
styrofoam melting meteorite has a "sponge like" surface, and is being
received at the Chicago Nat His. Museum for study today.
Seems the finders are not of the highest IQ. Many things already point
to more questions than answers. I recommended IMCA web site links,
ROCKS FROM SPACE for entertainment and why meteorites hit the ground
cold, and forwarded Rhett's email address.
I will hear more for your entertainment and will pass it on to the list.
Very chilly 14 degrees,
Dave Freeman
Wyoming Meteorite Recovery Team Leader