[meteorite-list] Murchison was a barn smasher

From: John Sinclair <jsinclairjr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Greetings list,

I am putting a 1 gram fragment of Murchison up for auction today. I wanted
to add something additional that was interesting to my description about the
fall and I found the following.

>From the Meteoritical Bulletin #48 Moscow, 1970, page 107:

"A fireball was seen. It was parted into three pieces before its
disappearing. After that, a cloud of smoke was seen and 30 seconds later a
tremor was heard. Some of the specimens were found on a road and the largest
one weighing 680 g came through a roof and fell in the hay..."

A good weekend to all.
John