[meteorite-list] Lost Creek info

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Hi Dave and List,

> Lost creek was classified by Dr. Alan Ruben in 2001 and was in the
> Met. Bulletin #86 of 2002. This was in a poor time frame to be
> included in the 5th. Ed. Cat. of Meteorites. It is a H 3.8 (S2 W3)
> Brad Sampson had the main mass last recorded.

Brad Sampson and I jointly purchased Lost Creek from the finder's
family a few years ago. Brad had the main mass at that time, but
I believe he cut most (if not all) of his portion up for sales and
university trades. If so, and none of those cut pieces exceeds a
kilo, I very likely have the main mass (~900 grams). --Rob