[meteorite-list] Re: Cutting Meteorites

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Yes, but only for a dremmel. You pro's cut with big equipment and use
liquid
Coolants that must trap all of the dust. A dremmel using a cutting wheel
really puts out a lot of dust in the air. Not being a chemist, I do
think that airborne nickel dust might be poisonous... A dust mask cannot
be a bad idea.

CharlyV