[meteorite-list] a serious meteorite question!

From: Roman Nakonechny <uraninut239__at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Excellent question Tom,
                               I dont know, but I have a longtime ligering
question along the same line as yours. We all agree that planets have
metals of different densities throuhghout their mantle and crust. So why
has'nt a meteorite been found with its native copper , or brecciated with
veins of iron and gold (not THE gold meteorite,please), or my favorite would
be a uranium oxide like> uraninite< meteorite. Uranium was the heaviest of
the elements produced at the moment of implosion of the Red Giant Primary
Star that produced the supernova which eventually became the Nebula that
collapsed into our Second Generation Star - the Sun and its planets and
Allende leftovers. I mean look at pallasites, the Fe -Silicate mix that
some astrophysicists say should not be possible because of the heat
differential between the two. Yet the nickel/iron is there and by some
miracle of physics so is the olivine in big beautiful crystals like Imilac
and Esquel. Uranium is scattered all over this planet , so if a large
planet was trashed in space like Tom said , why no other elemental
metals, especially uranium. It's all over this planet, throughout its many
layers. ???????????????? Thanks and Good Night All
~~~~~~~~~~~~~* ROMAN (IMCA # 0583)