[meteorite-list] Dry Lake Grand Tour

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

Dear Adam and List Members,

Your dry lake expeditions sound interesting, and actually remind me our
expeditions in some areas of the Sahara Desesrt, where lots of lava stones
can be found as well. Of course, we are looking for easier areas, but
sometimes have to deal with such places.
During our first trip on Reg Acfer in Algeria, we spent two days moving
around in Aguemour area, south east of Acfer, where we eventually found one
meteorite (Aguemour 016), while we can find 2 to 4 pieces a day on "plain"
regs (but sometimes 0!). But finding a meteorite in a difficult place makes
it even more precious to us (without speaking about selling price, which
will not be higher most of the time) and provides such a satisfaction!
All the best to you and Merry X-Mas.

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491