[meteorite-list] Dry Lake Stewnfields??

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:48 2004

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01C3C3BB.AB73CEA0

Hi Doug and List,

I also wonder about another point on meteorite falls... Since I started =
hunting them, I thought that they can fall anywhere, the location of =
their landing place depending on their orbit around the sun and the =
angle they meet the Earth with. Is that right or are there any areas on =
our planet where they get more "attracted" ?
There have been more finds in Antarctic than anywhere else, but I guess =
that it's simply because people have been searching for them there for a =
longer time, but can it be for another reason ? Has the magnetic field =
linking the poles any effect (like for boreal auroras) ? ...
I'm not a scientist and maybe my question sounds strange, but should =
anybody have a clear and easy to understand explanation, thanks in =
advance for sending it, just for my knowledge.
Kind regards

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491