[meteorite-list] Dry Lake Stewnfields in Proud Toms back yard?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:49 2004

No. I'm not Proud Tom.

But, I am Spartacus! ;-)

I like to think that the real Proud Tom is the same
person that knows the real identity of ol' Mr.
Fraudbuster, from eBay days of yore.

"Fraudbuster" was the eBay ID of a person who would
bid on meteorwrongs that were being auctioned as real
meteorites - and then turn around and cancel his bid
with the following explanation:
"NOT a meteorite - and the Seller KNOWS it!"
for all the world to see.

Usually, just the sight of ol' Fraudbuster's name as
being the high-bidder was enough to close down the
auction. (Certainly was cheaper than WINNING the
auction! Right, Dave? ;-)

My apologies to the real Proud Tom. My fellow M-R
Team Members must have too high of an opinion of me.
(That, or they think that I hammer out those web pages
while driving between dry lakes! ;-)

Again, another case of getting credit that is
unearned.
Bob V.

--- David Freeman <dfreeman_at_fascination.com> wrote:
> Is Mr. V. Proud Tom?
>
> Dave F. (not proud tom)
>
> Tom aka James Knudson wrote:
>
> >Hello List, Bob V. wrote;
> >
> >"By now everyone knows that Tom isn't really
> >flattering me. Tom has discovered a way to get me
> to post to the List, and he uses it most
> efffectively.

=== message truncated ===