[meteorite-list] Dry Lake Strewnfields

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:49 2004

Rob and Bob,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. Both of your answers fit right into
my thinking...I believe your field experiences are invaluable to this line of
questioning. I'm sure many of those who have hunted deserts and dry lakes
around the world can also relate, and possibly add more.

My challenge to the use of the word "strewnfield" for the new finds by the
Hupe group is only questioning the dry lake cycles and effects on rock
movements, and how that relates to saying a strewnfield has been identified.
I think their discoveries are fantastic, and they should be congratulated for
getting out there and doing it. I would love to go look myself one day.

Humbly (for real this time),

John