[meteorite-list] Re: Top ten fictitious met names

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:49 2004

--part1_1ed.15a7da60.2d11c945_boundary

>From Fred Hall to all those that entered my Holiday Contest:
I'm happy to announce the prizes for the Top Ten Fictitious Meteorite Names.
1. A US Air-Mail 3 inch by 4.5 inch card from the Smithsonian Institution,
Center For Short-Lived Phenomena, 60 Garden St., Cambridge, Massachusetts,
02138, USA, To : American Meteorite Lab., Glenn I. Huss, Director, (Dr. H. H.
Nininger was the consultant at this time) that lists the KERN FIREBALL of November
21, 1974, Event Notification Report and four papers of the same size but of
regular typing paper listing November "EVENTS" of the "Cincinnati Vinyl Acetate
Spill, the South Texas Snout Butterfly High Migration Number", the "Isla San
Lorenzo Earthquake" and the "Dunkirk Nitric Acid Spill".
     Along with the above will be Nininger's paper bound 1972 book "Find A
Falling Star", new condition.
     Second Place will receive a Nininger or Huss meteorwrong (as I have no
idea which gentleman tossed it on the North side of their Westminster home
garage, where hundreds of meteorwrongs were placed) and a paper certifying the
date I acquired the "rock" and that I acquired the meteorwrong legally.
There is still time to enter,
High Regards To All,
Fred Hall / Meteorhall

--part1_1ed.15a7da60.2d11c945_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Georgia" LANG=3D"0">From Fred Hall to all those that ente=
red my Holiday Contest:<BR>
I'm happy to announce the prizes for the Top Ten Fictitious Meteorite Names.=
<BR>
1. A US Air-Mail 3 inch by 4.5 inch card from the Smithsonian Institution, C=
enter For Short-Lived Phenomena, 60 Garden St., Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02=
138, USA, To : American Meteorite Lab., Glenn I. Huss, Director, (Dr. H. H.=20=
Nininger was the consultant at this time) that lists the KERN FIREBALL of No=
vember 21, 1974, Event Notification Report and four papers of the same size=20=
but of regular typing paper listing November "EVENTS" of the "Cincinnati Vin=
yl Acetate Spill, the South Texas Snout Butterfly High Migration Number", th=
e "Isla San Lorenzo Earthquake" and the "Dunkirk Nitric Acid Spill".<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Along with the above will be Nininger's paper bound=
 1972 book "Find A Falling Star", new condition.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Second Place will receive a Nininger or Huss meteor=
wrong (as I have no idea which gentleman tossed it on the North side of thei=
r Westminster home garage, where hundreds of meteorwrongs were placed) and a=
 paper certifying the date I acquired the "rock" and that I acquired the met=
eorwrong legally.<BR>
There is still time to enter,<BR>
High Regards To All, <BR>
Fred Hall / Meteorhall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ed.15a7da60.2d11c945_boundary--