[meteorite-list] Georgia Man Finds Meteorite While Picking Butter Beans

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:01 2004

Hi,

    Maybe the real moral is that, if we want to find meteorites, we should
pick more butter beans.
    A lot of things turn up (literally) in a freshly plowed field: indian
artifacts, glacial stones... One of Illinois' eight meteorites was found
that way (WOODBINE).
    I read enviously of the dry lakes when all I have about me is plowed
fields. It's nice to know you could find a meteorite in one.

Sterling K. Webb