[meteorite-list] Re: Top Ten Contest Winner is...

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:02 2004

--part1_a.39f3bf1b.2d15e9b1_boundary

Hello Meteorite Collectors, Fred Hall here with good news for everyone that
entered the Holiday Top Ten Fictitious Meteorite Names contest. I picked the
three top entries (A very difficult job, as ALL of the entries were great!) and
then wrapped up the three names around dog treats, to let my good buddy and
fine companion Holbrook pick the WINNER.
     Now Holbrook never complains about anything, except if I'm late with his
dinner, but this time Holbrook got rowdy and upset when I would only let him
eat the first dog treat wrapped inside of the name tag. You see, I placed the
three dog treats on the floor in front of Holbrook, and Holbrook being a well
trained meteorite hunter sat still until I gave the command to come forward
and get his treat. Well, he gobbled the first treat down lickety-split, and no
sooner then one could utter "Sikhote-Alin" he ate the other two treats!
     Now what am I to do? To avoid being charged with setting up a crooked
contest, and avoid being bitten by Holbrook if I was to attempt to retrieve the
partially digested name tags, I have decided to award First Place privileges
to all of the contestants! Everyone that entered will get a postcard from the
Smithsonian Institution to the American Meteorite Lab, with the Event
Notification Report on a fireball or meteorite on the backside, and a choice of the
1972 book "Find A Falling Star" or a Nininger/Huss meteorwrong, your choice.
     Contestants, just send me your name and address and choice of book or
meteorwrong, and I will get your prizes mailed to you.
     I wish to thank all those that entered for their well thought out and
very funny entries. So to: Tom, Jeff, Lars, Dave, Martin, Tim, John, Dan,
Bernhard, Marco, Mark, Randy, and Tracy, thanks for the laughs!
     If I missed anyone, please let me know.
High Regards, Fred Hall/Meteorhall

--part1_a.39f3bf1b.2d15e9b1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Georgia" LANG=3D"0">Hello Meteorite Collectors, Fred Hall=
 here with good news for everyone that entered the Holiday Top Ten Fictitiou=
s Meteorite Names contest. I picked the three top entries (A very difficult=20=
job, as ALL of the entries were great!) and then wrapped up the three names=20=
around dog treats, to let my good buddy and fine companion Holbrook pick the=
 WINNER. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now Holbrook never complains about anything, except=
 if I'm late with his dinner, but this time Holbrook got rowdy and upset whe=
n I would only let him eat the first dog treat wrapped inside of the name ta=
g. You see, I placed the three dog treats on the floor in front of Holbrook,=
 and Holbrook being a well trained meteorite hunter sat still until I gave t=
he command to come forward and get his treat. Well, he gobbled the first tre=
at down lickety-split, and no sooner then one could utter "Sikhote-Alin" he=20=
ate the other two treats! <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now what am I to do? To avoid being charged with se=
tting up a crooked contest, and avoid being bitten by Holbrook if I was to a=
ttempt to retrieve the partially digested name tags, I have decided to award=
 First Place privileges to all of the contestants! Everyone that entered wil=
l get a postcard from the Smithsonian Institution to the American Meteorite=20=
Lab, with the Event Notification Report on a fireball or meteorite on the ba=
ckside, and a choice of the 1972 book "Find A Falling Star" or a Nininger/Hu=
ss meteorwrong, your choice. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Contestants, just send me your name and address and=
 choice of book or meteorwrong, and I will get your prizes mailed to you.<BR=

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I wish to thank all those that entered for their we=
ll thought out and very funny entries. So to: Tom, Jeff, Lars, Dave, Martin,=
 Tim, John, Dan, Bernhard, Marco, Mark, Randy, and Tracy, thanks for the lau=
ghs!<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If I missed anyone, please let me know.<BR>
High Regards, Fred Hall/Meteorhall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a.39f3bf1b.2d15e9b1_boundary--