[meteorite-list] Tucson and other things

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:06 2004

Dear List Members,

We are still trying to synchronize after the two most recent expeditions.
We finally booked our trip to Tucson. We will be there from January 30th to
February 9th with plenty of new material for trade and/or sell. We are not
working the show this year because we want to enjoy it by being free to roam
about.

For those who are interested we will spend a day at Wilcox Dry Lake in
search of elusive meteoritic treasure on the 4th. We will probably find
nothing other than fun and some needed exercise. All are welcome to join.
Be sure to pack a decent magnet, lunch and plenty of belly wash (beer) or
snake-bite medicine (whiskey). The belly wash and snake-bite medicine is in
case you want to socialize instead of search or you tread on a dreaded King
Curler AKA Cornback Rattler, either way it will be fun. Only one no tapered
brown King Curler was spotted two years ago by a team member who also
managed to step in it, talk about bad luck! Thankfully, this ex team member
won't be on the lake bed search this year but that is a whole different
story. Will provide more details later.

We are skipping across the border to Mexico on the 5th if anybody is
interested in joining in. Has nothing to do with meteorites but should
provide a needed escape and a chance to socialize, at least for one
afternoon. Will provide more details later.

For those who are show-bound be sure to check out the Reed Brothers room
where they will be offering some excellent material on our behalf. Will
provide more details later.

Finally, be sure to check out our weekly auctions on eBay. We have not been
pounding the List, lately with weekly announcements because most are aware
that we introduce a new rare meteorite every week. This week, we would like
to introduce NWA 1112, a very rare CK4 carbonaceous chondrite. For those
who are interested, here is the link:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

About to leave for the ocean in about one hour to bring in the new year
properly and will not be back until the 2nd.

Wishing everybody a safe and prosperous new year,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185