[meteorite-list] Columbia disaster

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:24 2004

Dear List;
I too, am very saddened by this mornings events. Watching Buzz Aldrin
read the little one line poem and then choke up was very moving. To
paraphrase (my memory isn't what it used to be) ..."riding a fire ball
to heaven".....a much more glorious way to depart this life than going
by the flu, or in a car accident, or any other mundane and lingering
methods of "slipping the serving bonds of Earth to touch the face of God".
God love us all so much that we all may go out with passion in our
lives, doing what we love and doing what need to be done.
There will be a point when dying of old age, in my sleep is not on my
preferred list of alternatives.
God speed Columbia,
Dave Freeman