[meteorite-list] Tucson - More Photos

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:26 2004

Hi All,
        Just got back last night. I met my family at the RV Park in which
my wife and I and our Shi-Tzus stayed. Unfortunately, Tucson is
totally insane and refuses to suspend road work during the show,
so, movement is impossible on the freeway system, but detours
were soon mastered and THE SHOW WENT ON!
        Great seeing everyone, lots of events and tons of fun hanging
out at different dealers' rooms. As usual, I failed to get to everyone's
rooms, which is a bummer - but I did get to spend time with my dad
and my sister, each of whom I hadn't seen in 2 years - as well as my
brother and sis-i-law and my nephew, so, breakfast and evenings were
a world apart - sandwiching terrific show experiences. It was a hoot to
see my wife becoming more relaxed and actually enjoying meeting
more people in the meteorite community and getting even more into
buying presents for friends and child clients about the show. Also, I
got her "a piece of the moon" to have made into a ring at the Labenne's
this year, so, that really tickled her pink.
        Missed seeing Tim and Pat Heights this year... hope all is well with
them.
        I REALLY got off on the incredible oriented Taza Bruno & Carine had
in their room...... better even than my own Gao.... WHAT A PIECE! Bob
Haag was said to have offered $5K for it and they turned him down! It
really is one of the most visually impressive meteorites I have ever seen.
About the size of a ping pong ball and shaped exactly like a bullit, with
streaming flow lines! Wow, just mind boggling.
        As always, there were LOTS of goodies and a ton of fine folks to
laugh and joke with and just hang out and enjoy. John Gwilliam and
Bob Holmes were everywhere making their video, which looks like it
will be a MUST HAVE item. They seemed to be in good spirits and
really going out of their way to get professional quality lighting, etc,
to make it a first rate production. They say they are going to pass it
on at a VERY affordable price, so, I, personally, can't wait to see it.
        Steve Arnold of Chicago took a LOT of ribbing - both at the Birthday
Bash and at my auction - and took it very well, in deed, making him
officially "hazed" into the meteorite fraternity, now.
    I really regret I didn't get to everyone's rooms, but such is life.
I will write much more in my coming article, and while I saved the
Harvey Awards photos for that article (for METEORITE TIMES - or
whatever it is being called now - look for that March 1), I have posted
some other fun photos at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/63396208zpZVuB

in case y'all would enjoy seeing them. These are all taken at the Birthday
Bash, as I was SO busy, I just didn't take more.... sorry.
        GREAT show. Wish you had been there - those that were, great to see
ya!
        Best wishes, Michael

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
          - Friedrich Nietzsche
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: