[meteorite-list] Tucson 2003 Photos + Harvey Awards

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:28 2004

Geoff:

I sure missed being in Tucson this year with all of my friends because of business I (still) have here in Costa Rica, but was able to keep in touch by all the postings placed by others. I even missed sleeping on Blaine´´s hotel room floor where the layers of crud on the unwashed carpet can be archeologically defined.

Of course, I am thrilled to hear that you are going to send me along a Harvey Award Certificate from last year´´s First ever proceedings. I initially thought you guys were kidding about this honor, but seeing the company I am now keeping really, truly makes it special. Thanks again. I am unworthy.

Un abrazzo,

Kevin Kichinka
P.S.- In the spirit of those who seemed so taken by the climate of Tucson (is it that cold up north this year?), here´´s the local conditions at 3:25PM in Quepos at 9 degrees North latitude, the nearest town to Manuel Antonio National Park which is on the Pacific coast. Sunny, but threatening rain visible in the nearby mountains. Temperature 90F. Howler and Capuchin monkeys laying across the branches, arms dangling and asleep. Light winds from the south no problem for the Scarlet Macaws. Sunrise 5:58, sunset 5:42.