[meteorite-list] Question About Iturralde Structure, Bolivia

From: Paul Heinrich <lenticulina1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:30 2004

Dear Listmembers,

I have been looking for recent information about
the Iturralde Structure, Bolivia. Having looked
through some bibliographic databases and the WWW,
I have been able only find one reference:

Campbell, K. E., Jr.; Grieve, R. A. F.,
Pacheco, Z. G., Garvin, J. B. , 1989, A newly
discovered probable impact structure in
Amazonian Bolivia. National Geographic
Research. vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 495-499.

And the various web pages about the Iturralde
Structure, e.g.

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc/bolivia/bolivia.htm
http://edmall.gsfc.nasa.gov/inv99Project.Site/Pages/science-briefs/ed-taliaferro/iturralde.html
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=10761
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/Images/PIA03359_lrg.jpg

In the last of them, http://www.blueiceonline.org/,
they talk about an expedition in 2002 to this
feature. Does anyone know if anything has been
published in the scientific literature about the
Iturralde Structure? Does anyone know where any
presentations about this feature will presented
at talks or posters at scientific meetings?

I am curious about the results of the magnetic
survey and the type of shock features that they
might have found developed in unconsolidated
sediments in which the Iturralde Structure
formed.

Yours,

Paul
Baton Rouge, LA