[meteorite-list] Meteors From Comet C/1976 D1 -time conversion

From: lakewind_at_duluth.infi.net <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:30 2004

Hello Mark and all,
March 1=2E9 UT would make it approximately 5 p=2Em=2E EST, 4 p=2Em=2E CST =
and so on
for the evening of March 1=2E The position of the radiant given in the IAU=
note is rather odd=2E It lists the RA in the nonstandard format of 13 degr=
ees
rather than in hours and minutes=2E The southerly declination of -64 degre=
es
puts the radiant out of view for most of North America=2E Assuming the
radiant is well-placed due south during the evening it would lie right at
the southern horizon for the Florida Keys=2E Not knowing the the standard
right ascension numbers I can't go any further to suggest a location=2E Ca=
anyone out there convert 13 degrees RA into the standard format?
Bob