[meteorite-list] RE: VCI emitters

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:57 2004

Bob,

... In a Tupperware box I would use a paper VCI rather than a plastic
emitter (since it is such a small space), but don't forget you can cut
the paper ones up with scissors too. You wont need a very big piece of
VCI in a small box.

They also do VCI bags which are impregnated, I have not used these so
don't know if they are suitable for direct contact with meteorites for a
long=20
period. My experience is more with the air emitting types.=20

Remember that paper rapping/bag VCI's are a little different to the Air
emiiting ones, some paper protection packing strips I have seen are
nothing more than Oil soaked paper!, you need to make sure they are
proper ones for the job.

Cheers,

Mark Ford