[meteorite-list] RE: VCI emitters

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:58 2004

--part1_77.14902b67.2c351017_boundary

In a message dated 7/2/2003 7:33:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
lakewind_at_infionline.net writes:

> I've read this thread with great interest and appreciate the information
> list members have shared. Can you also use a VCI emitter inside a
> tupperware-type container holding meteorites in boxes and bags?
> Would it still be effective in this situation or do the materials have to be
> out of the package in order to get the protection?

Hello Bob and List,

In your case the kraft paper would be better. You could cut a small piece for
each box, and put it in the box, under the pad. Or directly in the bags.
It would be cheap and effective.
And it is not an oil-soak paper (as someone mentionned).

If you have more questions, please email me.

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_77.14902b67.2c351017_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>In a message dated 7/2/20=