[meteorite-list] New Libyan Desert Glass Paper

From: Paul <lenticulina1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:58 2004

Along with the paper on Darwin Glass, I also found
a new Libyan Desert Glass abstract,while looking
for some stuff.

The paper is:

Koeberl, C., Rampino, M. R., Jalufka, D. A.,
and Winiarski, D. H.,2003, A 2003 Expedition
into the Libyan Desert Glass Strewn field,
Great Sand Sea,Western Egypt. Third International
Conference on Large Meteorite Impacts, August 5-7,
2003, Klosterle, Nordlingen,Germany.

It can be downloaded from:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/largeimpacts2003/pdf/4079.pdf

This paper appears in Tuesday, August 5,
2003, POSTER SESSION 5:30 p.m. Gewölbe,
Rathaus (Town Hall

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/largeimpacts2003/pdf/sess03.pdf.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/largeimpacts2003/

Yours,

Paul
Baton Rouge, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

New Darwin Glass Paper

Roman Jirasek's advertisement, [meteorite-list]
Darwin Glass 63.5g Lot - AD", reminded me
of a abstract that I recently found on the Internet.

It is:

Howard, K. T., and Haines, P. W., 2003, Distribution
and Abundance of Darwin Impact Glass. Third
International Conference on Large Meteorite
Impacts, August 5-7, 2003, Klosterle, Nordlingen,
Germany.

It started by stating:

"Since its first discovery in ‘soils’ near Mt Darwin,
western Tasmania, Australia, impact glass has
been reported across an area of about 400 km."

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/largeimpacts2003/pdf/4057.pdf.