[meteorite-list] analytical services costs

From: GT40dawg_at_aol.com <GT40dawg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:59 2004

--part1_14d.213bf435.2c398115_boundary

To all:

       A few weeks ago, I posted a message on this board that I would be=20
providing analytical services such as SEM, XRD, and electron microprobe anal=
yses.

       I can do such analyses as Fe/Ni ratios of metallic grains/phases and=20
full pyroxene analyses via electron microprobe. Pyroxenes would be analyzed=
=20
for all of the major elements, such as Fe, Mg, Si, Ca, Ti, Al, Na,=A0 and 3=20=
others=20
(Na, Mn, K for example). Actually, I can analyze any mineral phase (in=20
meteorites or in terrestrial samples), but the abovementioned are the ones t=
hat=20
seem to peak most poeple's interest when it comes to meteorites.

This will be the standard cost breakdown for electron microprobe work:

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 2 analyses (i.e. Fe/Ni ratios or pyroxenes) for $100
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 4 analyses for $150
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 6 analyses for $200

For the purpose of insuring a representative sample, I would recommend 2-3=20
analyses of each mineral phase of interest. I do sample prep on Saturdays (=
if=20
necessary), and analyses would normally be done sometime during the followin=
g=20
week.=A0 Polished thin sections can also be used in lieu of unprepared sampl=
es. =20
I would e-mail preliminary results to you ASAP, with a full report to follow=
=20
in the mail

SEM imaging and XRD identification of individual mineral phases will be=20
priced out on a case-by -case basis. All data results discussed above are=20
publishable, no problem. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Randy in N.O.

--part1_14d.213bf435.2c398115_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">To all:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A few weeks ago, I posted a message&nbs=
p; on this board that I would be providing analytical services such as SEM,=20=
XRD, and electron microprobe analyses.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I can do such analyses as Fe/Ni ratios=20=
of metallic grains/phases and full pyroxene analyses via electron microprobe=
.&nbsp; Pyroxenes would be analyzed for all of the major elements, such as F=
e, Mg, Si, Ca, Ti, Al, Na,=A0 and 3 others (Na, Mn, K for example).&nbsp; Ac=
tually, I can analyze any mineral phase (in meteorites or in terrestrial sam=
ples), but the abovementioned are the ones that seem to peak most poeple's i=
nterest when it comes to meteorites.<BR>
<BR>
This will be the standard cost breakdown for electron microprobe work:<BR>
<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 2 analyses (i.e. Fe/Ni ratios or pyroxenes) for $100<=

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 4 analyses for $150<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 any 6 analyses for $200<BR>
<BR>
For the purpose of insuring a representative sample, I would recommend 2-3 a=
nalyses of each mineral phase of interest.&nbsp; I do sample prep on Saturda=
ys (if necessary), and analyses would normally be done sometime during the f=
ollowing week.=A0 Polished thin sections can also be used in lieu of unprepa=
red samples.&nbsp; I would e-mail preliminary results to you ASAP, with a fu=
ll report to follow in the mail<BR>
<BR>
SEM imaging and XRD identification of individual mineral phases will be pric=
ed out on a case-by -case basis.&nbsp; All data results discussed above are=20=
publishable, no problem.&nbsp; Please feel free to e-mail me with any questi=
ons.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Randy in N.O.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_14d.213bf435.2c398115_boundary--