Re-2: [meteorite-list] Want a Piece of the Moon?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:59 2004

> Many years ago, my wife "purchased" a crater on the moon for me and named
> it, of course "W a l t e r." It was actually a donation to a science museum and
> I got a neat moon map. Ironically, upon examining the map, there really is
> a crater named W a l t e r !

.. and a sizeable one at that!

It is a walled plain (diameter 132 by 140 km) and the walls rise up
to about 4100 meters. It was named after the German astronomer
Bernhard W a l t e r (1430-1504).

We had a first-quarter Moon yesterday, so W a l t e r
should still be close to the terminator area.

Bernd

To: branchw_at_bellsouth.net
Cc: Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com