[meteorite-list] eBay Sellers list, eBay name change

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:00 2004

List,
About six months ago, I was getting as much spam as I was getting mail from
this list. I changed my ISP and started off with a different email address
and had remarkable results. For the first three months, I got almost no
spam. Then the numbers started increasing. Maybe the solution is to
change your email address a couple of times a year. This creates all sorts
of problems and some of the folks that you only email once a year or so
might not get the news of your email change.
One thing I did notice with my new email address though was a LOT of emails
from people with foreign sounding names wanting my help to transfer several
million dollars out of their failing country into the USA. I feel quite
impressed that they picked me because they heard, from a business
associate, that I was a reputable and trustworthy person...;-)

Best,

John