[meteorite-list] eBay Sellers list, eBay name change - HERE IS A SOLUTION!!!!

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:00 2004

John,
The money scam is old. I reply to them and tell them I have turned the email
over to the Office of Homeland Security, FBI, CIA and DoD as an email from
terrorists....It usually stops all such email for a couple of months.
The problem with your spam is coming from cookies on your PC, there are
tracking cookies identifying you to spammer companies. The best defense is a
good offense. I use and HIGHLY recommend the following software to safely
remove all tracking cookies from your PC and it will cut your spam by 95%.

Go to http://lavasoft.element5.com/software/adaware/ and download Ad-Aware
6.0. It is Free!

Install it on your PC and then open it and before running it the first time
click on "check for updates". This will install the latest reference file.
Run the program once on your entire hard drive...I am willing to bet it
finds at least 30 cookies that are tracking your every move on the net.

Once you have run it on the entire drive you can select only certain
directories to run it on...Your windows folder should always be included.
Through weekly use you will notice which directories to include and always
deep scan your registry.

The program allows you to quarantine the offending objects it finds to be
sure they are not needed for something to run and it backs up everything to
be able to restore it.

Basically most everything it finds you can safely delete. The updates are
free and if you like it you are encouraged to make a one time donation. They
will never ask for money and the software is free for personal use.

The next thing to do is to sign up for SpamCop. It too is free and allows
you to report the rest of the spam you receive. It can be found at:
http://spamcop.net/help.shtml

Somewhere on that page is the signup URL in the FAQ's . Once you sign up the
will send you a free authorization code, with ways to forward the spam and a
URL to cut and paste the email header and the message body into a form and
they will report it to the offending site and the admins of those sites

By doing these two simple things I have cut my spam down to 3 or 4 items a
week max. Some weeks I get none. It used to be 30 or 40 a week.

By using spamcop you are also helping to shutdown spammers email accounts
and the more often they have to change the more difficult it gets to send
spam.

If you have any questions contact me off the list and that invite is
extended to the whole list.

It will keep you from having to change your email address every month and it
puts spammers on notice that the world can do without them. NEVER enter your
email address in the "remove" links that come with some spam emails....ALL
you are doing is sending your email address to other spammers.

If you have questions email me....

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ