[meteorite-list] DOD Satellites Detect March 2003 Bolide Over Park Forest

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:01 2004

--part1_167.22ea41b8.2c3cebd9_boundary

Hi Al,
Yes I saw the the meteorwrongs in his collection too, it was a bit
disappointing, but he did not try very hard to convince me that they were meteorites
when I told him they were slag. I asked if he was including them in his data and
he said no. Is that really true? I don't know.
He did have some nice individuals and fragments however, and claimed his
strewn field info came from real meteorites,some gathered by people whose names I
recognized.Some of the coordinates included a bunch that were sold by the
local Postmaster, who supposedly got most of his stones from another man I met
out there that was a local, and rather proficient at finding the stones in the
opening days of the fall.
Even though Atul may not be completely reliable, the fact remains that the
larger stones are N.W. of the smaller ones, contradicting the Satellite info....
unless of course there is such a thing as a reverse fall! Adam, I never
heard of that, is this like the April fools joke about Venus? Please elaborate on
this, I would like to know what falls have a reverse distribution of material,
that seems to defy the rules! Mass and velocity, blah blah... you know, that
physics stuff How can it possibly be backward?
Larry

--part1_167.22ea41b8.2c3cebd9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
Hi Al,<BR>
Yes I saw the the meteorwrongs in his collection too, it was a bit disappoin=
ting, but he did not try very hard to convince me that they were meteorites=20=
when I told him they were slag. I asked if he was including them in his data=
 and he said no. Is that really true? I don't know. <BR>
He did have some nice individuals and fragments however, and claimed his str=
ewn field info came from real meteorites,some gathered by people whose names=
 I recognized.Some of the&nbsp; coordinates included a bunch that were sold=20=
by the local Postmaster, who supposedly got most of his stones from another=20=
man I met out there that was a local, and rather proficient at finding the s=
tones in the opening days of the fall.<BR>
Even though Atul may not be completely reliable, the fact remains that the l=
arger stones are N.W. of the smaller ones, contradicting the Satellite info.=
... unless of course there is such a thing as a reverse fall!&nbsp; Adam, I=20=
never heard of that, is this like the April fools joke about Venus? Please e=
laborate on this, I would like to know what falls have a reverse distributio=
n of material, that seems to defy the rules! Mass and velocity, blah blah...=
 you know, that physics stuff How can it possibly be backward?<BR>
Larry<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_167.22ea41b8.2c3cebd9_boundary--