[meteorite-list] Re: where did our moon come from/Theories & Opinions on God and Science

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:02 2004

--0-837257231-1057857291=:401

Greetings List,

My only request is that if you are going to post to the Meteorite List that you change the subject line to reflect what you are posting about. We have people talking about God, no God, religion, dogma, etc. with the subject line still stating "where did our moon come from". By doing this, if there is anyone doesn't want to follow this particular thread they have the option to use the "delete" key.

thanx,
Steve

Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net> wrote:
Hello Geoff and list, I am sorry to have offended you! To me Ron B. posting
a theory about the origin of the moon based on science, is no different than
me posting my theory based on religion. Science is a religion also, for
those who want to disprove the existence of a God. There is no more proof
of the asteroid theory than of the religious theory. I think every person
including List members have the right to hear of an alternate theory of the
origin of our universe. Believe it or not, I am not a religious nut, I was
raised a Christian and happen to believe it. When in school, I was taught
Evolution and it just never made since to me. I would ask the teacher, if
that happened, how come this happened. He could never answer any of my
questions. These were not religious questions, just common since questions.
It did not take long for me to think science was full of holes with no
answers.
Again I am sorry to have offended you. : )

Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168