[meteorite-list] Re: Where Did The Moon Come From?

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:02 2004

Well, I donīt see, why a scientist canīt belive in God or in a god or
just in a creator, in fact, to me, the name doesnīt matter. Then
there are scientists, who have made the science as their god, but
I think, they are a bit blind, this "god" corrects itself daily, and if
we think some 100 years backwards, the god of sciense looked a
bit different than now. It will be same after 100 years. But perhaps
itīs better than nothing, if a human donīt have a personal relationship
to God or to the creator, he must substitute it in some way. The need
to belive is built in our personal system. By whom, I donīt know, but
that doesnīt matter.

The main thing to me is, the final truth is impossible to underrestand
for human brains, just you can see the light, not UV or IP, just a very
small sector of all radiaition. So perhaps itīs more important to know,
you canīt see all than to think, all is I can see...so itīs a question of
beliving, and in this case I belive, we have to honour everyones personal
view.

take care,

pekka