[meteorite-list] Gibeon for 999$?

From: Ryan Darby <rdarby_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:02 2004

They throw a lot of words and non relevant history around. I come from
near that area, and there were no missionaries there, and the only
Cubans were those involved with rebels in Angola during the South
African bush war, for control of parts of the then protectorate South
West Africa (150 years later!), which is where Gibeon is (it's Namibia
now). West Africa and slavery is far to the North. Also, no one there
worships rocks even if they are from space. Different way of doing
things. This is a lot of touristy sounding stuff that would never work
in Southern Africa - and if you don't position that meteorite in the
exact position and lighting, I bet it looks like Mr Hanky from South
Park.

For $999, which is about R7000, you can fly to South Africa and then up
to Windhoek and have a weeks holiday there yourself. The Namibian
currency is even weaker than the SA Rand. Go hunt your own Gibeon!