[meteorite-list] Lunar capture theory

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

Hello List, Does any one know the estimated time of the creation of the
asteroid belt? From what I understand, the theory is, that it was once a
planet that was destroyed by a collision? I am wondering if the moon, how
ever it was formed could be a result of the asteroid belts collision?
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168