[meteorite-list] Re: [meteoritecollectorsassociation] Re: ebay auction (IMCA member)

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

--part1_9d.3be620de.2c411402_boundary

Jeff K. -

> It doesn't actually say it's a meteorite.

No, it doesn't say it's ANYTHING. But when it's "guaranteed to be
authentic", and the only specific substance mentioned anywhere is "meteorite".....and
that's in the title.....what is the novice buyer supposed to infer?

Why would any seller mention IMCA membership if he's not wishing to suggest
authenticity of a meteorite? Would he mention the IMCA if he were selling a
tennis racket?

I confess I find it difficult to give this seller the benefit of the doubt,
as to motives for the eyebrow-raising text.

       Gregory

--part1_9d.3be620de.2c411402_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
Jeff K.&nbsp; -<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It doesn't actually say it's a=20=
meteorite. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
No, it doesn't say it's ANYTHING.&nbsp; But when it's "guaranteed to be auth=
entic", and the only specific substance mentioned anywhere is "meteorite"...=
..and that's in the title.....what is the novice buyer supposed to infer?&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Why would any seller mention IMCA membership if he's not wishing to suggest=20=
authenticity of a meteorite?&nbsp;&nbsp; Would he mention the IMCA if he wer=
e selling a tennis racket?<BR>
<BR>
I confess I find it difficult to give this seller the benefit of the doubt,=20=
as to motives for the eyebrow-raising text.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9d.3be620de.2c411402_boundary--