[meteorite-list] Metorites and magnetic displays

From: MrX3010_at_aol.com <MrX3010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

--part1_d.14c68b4d.2c4198b3_boundary

I have heard that magnets can cause iron to oxidize quicker. Is there any
truth in that? I am asking because I want to know how safe the magnetic display
bases are for specimens as I am thinking about getting some. Any pros or
cons?

Later,
Ron

--part1_d.14c68b4d.2c4198b3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000a0" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Times New Roman" LANG=3D"0">I have heard that magnets can=
 cause iron to oxidize quicker. Is there any truth in that?&nbsp; I am askin=
g because I want to know how safe the magnetic display bases are for specime=
ns as I am thinking about getting some.&nbsp; Any pros or cons?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Later,<BR>
Ron</FONT></HTML>