[meteorite-list] Alabama Superbolide of Dec.5, 1999 --Coldwater, AL?

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

I recall doing some preliminary work on a bolide tracked by DOD which
should have terminated in the vicinity of Coldwater(?) Alabama (East of
Montgomery) about that time. To my knowledge no one ever reported
searching even though discussed widly on the list. The track data was
pretty good and the angle steep. I believe the initial ground plot
discussed was 5-8 kilometers wide by 8-10 long over an undeveloped tract
of land southwest of a state roadway. This one may have been marked by
a flash on a secuirty camera.

Incidentally New Holland PA, in 1995(?) is another promising DOD track
which wasn't (reported to have been) followed up.

I am too many hard drive crashes later to lay my hands on exact references.

Regards,
Elton