[meteorite-list] DOD Satellites Detect March 2003 Bolide Over Park Forest

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

--part1_1e4.d205be4.2c42415d_boundary

In a message dated 7/8/2003 11:47:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
farmerm_at_concentric.net writes:

Farmer wrote.
> We are not talking a very far off course. The smaller stones seem to be
> less than a quarter to half mile to the east, that is nothing when something is
> falling from space. Steger is just on the other side of the road from Park
> Forest, not really like out west here where one town is 30 or 40 miles to the
> next. To me this strewnfield looks absolutely perfect, if not just a tad
> scewed like (I think) by the wind.

Hello Mike and List,

Sorry for joining this conversation late as I was out the last few days.

At this point I am still reluctant to share too much information as I still
have Park Forest specimens to sell and I am convinced many more little ones are
out there waiting to be picked and compete with mine in the market place.

However, I will say, after picking up 113 specimens and probably spending 30%
of my time (of the 44 days I hunted) looking outside of the strewnfield area
on my map, these things are very uniformly distributed (with one little
exception - all the oriented specimens landed with significantly smaller sized
stones) from sub gram pieces roughly in the Southeast and the big 5kg one roughly
to the Northwest. And this field goes MUCH further southeast than most people
realize. Much more than the 1/4 to 1/2 mile that Mike mentioned above. Also
the further Southeast I got the more dramatic the reports were of the noise,
light and shaking when the rocks came in.

I do not think any meteorites fell in Beecher. Reports from one person said
multiple pieces hit their window and or roof top. I think not. Maybe the
sonic boom(s) shook the windows and roof, but if "many" pieces could land on just
one roof, or hit just one window, we should have tens of thousands if not
hundreds of thousand of small specimen in and around Beecher. I did not find any
near Beecher. I don't think anyone else did either. Slag yes, meteorites
no.

Within my strewnfield map area, I would find pieces in a fairly constant
spacing from each other with a few anomalies of two pieces being found just feet
from each other. Once I would venture out too far in any direction, (one never
knows how far is too far until he tries) I would not find anything in 10
times the area I would find a specimen back inside the zone, possibly only a few
hundred or thousand feet away.

Of course there could be more outside of my mapped area, but statically we
are looking at about 200 specimens total now and NONE of them are significantly
out of place. I mean if just one specimen was found anywhere to the Southwest
or the Northeast of all 200 others, that might make me think it was
transported, but it would offer a hint of a possibility of a SW to NE fall. But there
is not one such find. There were many cars and buildings hit with rocks
laying in the street. If there were any significantly to the SW wouldn't one have
been found? And if there was such a low break up, then the wind would have to
be blowing like 500 miles an hour to scoot those specimens miles to the East
with rocks indeed going in under roof eves and hitting windows.

As I mentioned before in another post, this is a very normal elliptical
strewnfield. The only thing that would make it perfect would be a 50kg stone found
a mile or two further Northwest of where the other big ones have been found.

Even with the possibility of a reverse strewnfield, that would need to place
the fireball coming in from the NW going SE. Match that up with the eye
witness accounts that Steve Witt mentioned, and I would have to say that there is
an error in the report. I know, it is totally impossible for some people to
think that anyone who works for the government could ever be wrong about
anything. Humm... maybe this is a conspiracy by the Federal Government to throw us
all of the track of the real main mass waiting to be located...

Oh, on another subject, Noe Garza's 911 call came into the Park Forest Police
Department at 11:56pm of the 26th. Maybe the dispatcher's clock might have
been off by a few seconds or possibly a minute, but even with a little
variation, I am now convinced that the fall distinctively was on the 26th. It would
be interesting to know if Garza could account for how long it took for the rock
to hit his house and then for him to actually make the call. It is still
looking like a 3 minute plus free fall after burn out before impact.

Steve Arnold

--part1_1e4.d205be4.2c42415d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 7/8/2003 11:47:37 PM Central Daylig=
ht Time, farmerm_at_concentric.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
Farmer wrote.<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">We are not talking a very far o=
ff course. The smaller stones seem to be less than a quarter to half mile to=
 the east, that is nothing when something is falling from space. Steger is j=
ust on the other side of the road from Park Forest, not really like out west=
 here where one town is 30 or 40 miles to the next. To me this strewnfield l=
ooks absolutely perfect, if not just a tad scewed like (I think) by the wind=
. </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=
=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2=
 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
Hello Mike and List, <BR>
<BR>
Sorry for joining this conversation late as I was out the last few days.<BR>
<BR>
At this point I am still reluctant to share too much information as I still=20=
have Park Forest specimens to sell and I am convinced many more little ones=20=
are out there waiting to be picked and compete with mine in the market place=
.<BR>
<BR>
However, I will say, after picking up 113 specimens and probably spending 30=
% of my time (of the 44 days I hunted) looking outside of the strewnfield ar=
ea on my map, these things are very uniformly distributed (with one little e=
xception - all the oriented specimens landed with significantly smaller size=
d stones) from sub gram pieces roughly in the Southeast and the big 5kg one=20=
roughly to the Northwest.&nbsp; And this field goes MUCH further southeast t=
han most people realize. Much more than the 1/4 to 1/2 mile that Mike mentio=
ned above.&nbsp; Also the further Southeast I got the more dramatic the repo=
rts were of the noise, light and shaking when the rocks came in. <BR>
<BR>
I do not think any meteorites fell in Beecher.&nbsp; Reports from one person=
 said multiple pieces hit their window and or roof top.&nbsp; I think not.&n=
bsp; Maybe the sonic boom(s) shook the windows and roof, but if "many" piece=
s could land on just one roof, or hit just one window, we should have tens o=
f thousands if not hundreds of thousand of small specimen in and around Beec=
her.&nbsp; I did not find any near Beecher.&nbsp; I don't think anyone else=20=
did either.&nbsp; Slag yes, meteorites no.<BR>
<BR>
Within my strewnfield map area, I would find pieces in a fairly constant spa=
cing from each other with a few anomalies of two pieces being found just fee=
t from each other.&nbsp; Once I would venture out too far in any direction,=20=
(one never knows how far is too far until he tries) I would not find anythin=
g in 10 times the area I would find a specimen back inside the zone, possibl=
y only a few hundred or thousand feet away.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Of course there could be more outside of my mapped area, but statically we a=
re looking at about 200 specimens total now and NONE of them are significant=
ly out of place.&nbsp; I mean if just one specimen was found anywhere to the=
 Southwest or the Northeast of all 200 others, that might make me think it w=
as transported, but it would offer a hint of a possibility of a SW to NE fal=
l.&nbsp; But there is not one such find.&nbsp; There were many cars and buil=
dings hit with rocks laying in the street.&nbsp; If there were any significa=
ntly to the SW wouldn't one have been found?&nbsp; And if there was such a l=
ow break up, then the wind would have to be blowing like 500 miles an hour t=
o scoot those specimens miles to the East with rocks indeed going in under r=
oof eves and hitting windows.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
As I mentioned before in another post, this is a very normal elliptical stre=
wnfield.&nbsp; The only thing that would make it perfect would be a 50kg sto=
ne found a mile or two further Northwest of where the other big ones have be=
en found.<BR>
<BR>
Even with the possibility of a reverse strewnfield, that would need to place=
 the fireball coming in from the NW going SE.&nbsp; Match that up with the e=
ye witness accounts that Steve Witt mentioned, and I would have to say that=20=
there is an error in the report.&nbsp; I know, it is totally impossible for=20=
some people to think that anyone who works for the government could ever be=20=
wrong about anything.&nbsp; Humm... maybe this is a conspiracy by the Federa=
l Government to throw us all of the track of the real main mass waiting to b=
e located...<BR>
<BR>
Oh, on another subject, Noe Garza's 911 call came into the Park Forest Polic=
e Department at 11:56pm of the 26th.&nbsp; Maybe the dispatcher's clock migh=
t have been off by a few seconds or possibly a minute, but even with a littl=
e variation, I am now convinced that the fall distinctively was on the 26th.=
&nbsp; It would be interesting to know if Garza could account for how long i=
t took for the rock to hit his house and then for him to actually make the c=
all.&nbsp; It is still looking like a 3 minute plus free fall after burn out=
 before impact.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Steve Arnold</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e4.d205be4.2c42415d_boundary--