[meteorite-list] Moon orbit and the death of dinosaurs was(Where Did The Moon Come From?)

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

Howard Wu wrote:

> As I recall from the discovery channel the moon had orbited alot
> closer to the earth and has been drifting further away overtime.

That is true Howard, in fact as you mathematically work backwards from
where the moon is today-- you'll see that the moon gets closer and
closer to the Earth. In fact, it was so very close to the earth...
some think this was one of the things killed off the dinosaurs....

Well....the taller ones anyway

Elton

IT IS A JOKE PEOPLE! Lighten UP! Just another "Valid" theory competing
with the giant meteorite /global warming/ global cooling/panspermic
virus ad naseum theories of demise that wouldn't be debated here now
unless the internet had been invented by hairless apes such as ourselves
and some of those had joined the meteorite central mailing list to
debate the giant meteorite/global....ooops I've looped back on
myself...I am glad I am not the only one.