[meteorite-list] Origin of the moon /god/meteorites

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:04 2004

Hi,

Sorry if I offended anyone on this but I must just say this last thing
in response:

Just because nobody can prove god doesn't exist doesn't mean god does
exist. Of course the reverse is true too.=20

But this is where science and religion differ.=20

In Science you propose a theory, you look for direct evidence of proof
(or as close as you can get to proof), then the theory gets refined
until we end up with something close as close to 'the truth' as poss.

In Religon, Someone many thousands of years ago, comes up with a 'god
theory', people see this as an ideal way of controlling people's minds,
winning them over, the idea gets adjusted to suit the politics of the
day,
Then over thousands of years it gets changed and altered, mistranslated,
finally adjusted into it's modern day format (again to suit the politics
of the day). - The key here is at no point is there any direct
independent evidence.

Had religion been a scientific theory it would have been ditched
centuries ago due to lack of evidence.

But you do with your time what you will, me I'm going to study the
world around me and learn the FACTS for myself not rely on what someone
wants you to hear based on pure hearsay.

As for the thought that everything is 'too perfect' so there must be a
god, look outside one night does the universe really look perfect to
you?